Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #77 - Of Beast and Beauty & The Dream Thieves

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Stacy Jay
Release Date: July 23, 2013
Published by: Delacorte Press

In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city's vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.
Isra wants to help the city's Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan's enchanted  roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.
As secrets are revealed and Isra's sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love. (Summary from Goodreads)

I loved Juliet Immortal and Romeo Redeemed, so I can't wait to read the twist she puts into this tale with the classism and sacrifice. Sounds interesting! 


(The Raven Cycle, Book 2)
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Published by: Scholastic Press

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...  (Summary from Goodreads)

I LOVED book 1 in this series and cannot wait to get at book 2! I adore Maggie's writing brilliance! Her characters in this series are just as layered, complex and a bit broken as all her others! Just like I like them!

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Raven Boys too! my god, those boys were amazing! especially Gansey <3

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read Of Beauty and Beast, too! I'm just waiting for the ARC but I'm being impatient, ha ha! :)

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    WWW Wednesdays
    Waiting on Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of Beast and Beauty sounds good. I have Juliet Immortal in my TBR pile somewhere.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one looks intriguing...thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so looking forward to both of these! I love fairy tale retellings and Of Beast looks amazing. And I'm dying to get my hands on the Dream Thieves. I loved the Raven Boys and can't wait to find out what happens next. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of beast and beauty looks amazing! The other one looks good too, but I first have to read the first book:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read The Raven Boys, but Of Beast and Beauty has been on my to-read list for a LONG time. I'm really excited to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of Beast and Beauty sounds SO good. I always enjoy a good retelling, and this one sounds like a phenomenal one! I liked The Raven Boys, and so I'm looking forward to The Dream Thieves as well, just to see what happens with the story (and all the guys of course!). ;)

    Lovely picks, Ange! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really have to read the Raven Boys, everyone I know has loved it and I actually own the book!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't enjoy Juliet Immortal, but the second book sounds interesting. I've never heard of the raven boys before, but i will look into them now.Thanks a lot for sharing. Hope you come check out my WOW.

    --V@ V's Stack of Books

    ReplyDelete