Saturday, December 14, 2013

Review: Unhinged by A.G. Howard

Unhinged 
Author: A.G. Howard
Series: Splintered, Book 2
Release Date: January 7, 2014
Published by: Amulet Books
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After Alyssa's adventures down the rabbit hole last year, she was just happy to have escaped with both herself and Jeb. She never dreamed that what was down the rabbit hole would start creeping in around her own world through her art, and so much more. Now Alyssa must decide sooner than she thought she would have to whether she will go back to Wonderland, or stay in the human realm while Wonderland destroys itself...the sure thing is that she will be facing another epic battle no matter the next choice she makes.

My thoughts: THIS WAS BRILLIANT! I loved book 1 and book 2 was just as amazing. Seriously. One of the best things about these is that they are so original and unpredictable. I can never truly predict what's going to happen next. From the main character of Alyssa Gardner to all of the secondary characters of Jeb, Morpheus, Queen Red, Sister Two, Sister One, Chessie, Rabid White and so, so many more.
Wonderland, and all that it is, which seeps into our world is beautiful and darkly enchanting as usual from the mind of Howard. It's just brilliant. One of the things that are fun about these books is the way that Howard takes the classic version of Carroll's stories, and compares them to her own via her characters.
Last thought: The ending was excruciating for me because I wanted more, more, MORE!!!! BUT, I completely understood as it was happening that it had to happen. I don't have to be happy about it, but I understand it. AND I CANNOT WAIT for book 3! AHHH!

View all my reviews

2 comments: