Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Burn Out by Kristi Helvig

Burn Out 
Author: Kristi Helvig
Series: Burn Out, Book 1
Release date: April 8, 2014
Published by: EgmontUSA
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tora Reynolds has been on Earth by herself for some time now as the last survivor. The sun is close to dying, and just before her family fled to their sanctuary her father had created the most deadly guns ever made on Earth keying them just to her energy only. The problem is that her father didn't hand over his creations to government he made them for...he instead hid them all in their bunker after making sure they were only keyed to her alone and combat training her with them just before going to his very last meeting with them which he never returned from...and now they're coming for her...

My thoughts: This was so different from the normal books I read. I haven't read a book about space in so long that I'm just not sure I can remember when I did honestly. I loved this! Now I saw that others didn't, but I did! LOVED!!! It felt so real. The brokenness of the world. She had lost everything...her father, mother, sister, and every single person she knew! WOW, that is serious pain. I was completely in within minutes. The danger, the adventure, the characters, the idea of the plot...I just loved it all. I even like the cover which probably had nothing to do with the author at all. LOL!

Th characters were a very interesting mixture from the beginning of just being our MC, Tora, & Markus to later crating a full time of crew on the ship which totally reminded me of Firefly!!! And honestly anything that reminds me of Firefly is a WIN!!!

Last thought: I CANNOT WAIT for the next book so I can find out what happens next to Tora! AHHH! Kristi, how could you do this to me and make me wait SO LONG!!!???

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment