Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #129 - The Young World & Strange and Ever After

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Chris Weitz
Release Date: July 29, 2014
Published by: Little, Brown Books for Young People

After a mysterious Sickness wipes out the rest of the population, the young survivors assemble into tightly run tribes. Jefferson, the reluctant leader of the Washington Square tribe, and Donna, the girl he's secretly in love with, have carved out a precarious existence among the chaos. But when another tribe member discovers a clue that may hold the cure to the Sickness, five teens set out on a life-altering road trip to save humankind.

The tribe exchanges gunfire with enemy gangs, escapes cults and militias, braves the wilds of the subway and Central Park...and discovers truths they could never have imagined. (Summary from Goodreads)

I like to find books that have male leads for my classroom bookshelf. This also seems like it might be a fast-paced read which will appeal to my freshman readers.


Author: Susan Dennard
Release Date: July 22, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen

He took her brother, her took her mother, and now, Marcus has taken her good friend Jie. With more determination than ever to bring this sinister man to justice, Eleanor heads to the hot desert streets of nineteeth-century Egypt in hopes of ending this nightmare. But in addition to her increasingly tense relationships with Daniel, Joseph, and her demon, Oliver, Eleanor must also deal with her friend, Allison, who has curiously entangled herself in Eleanor's mission.

With the rising dead chomping at her every move and Jie's life hanging in the balance, Eleanor is convinced that her black magic will see her through to the bitter end. But there will be a price. Though she and the Spirit Hunters have weathered every battle thus far, there will be consequences to suffer this time--the effects of which will be irreversible. And when it's over, only some will be able to live a strange and ever after. (Summary from Goodreads)

I love these covers!!! They are just gorgeous! I know some don't care for the ones with dresses, but not me! I love them! Especially these! WOW! 

What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. The Young World sounds really interesting! I'm always on the hunt for male leads too - living in a house full of boys, I am prepping a YA shelf for them to read in the near future, lol!
    Thanks for sharing! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be reading both of these soon! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! I am so excited for both of these!! They've both been ones I've been wanting to read for a while now!! I hope you both enjoy them!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Two awesome choices! I haven't read the SSaD series, but it is on my TBR!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete