Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review: Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger

Etiquette & Espionage 
Author: Gail Carriger
Series: Finishing School, Book the First 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sophronia Temminnick has never fit in anywhere, especially with her family who thinks she is a complete lost cause and an embarrassment. When her mother sends her packing to a finishing school she is beyond despair until things begin to get interesting right from the ride to school when they are attacked by fiends demanding a prototype. What has Sophronia gotten herself into? What in the world is this prototype? She will need to use ALL her wits if she is to unravel what is going on around her!

My thoughts! W-O-W! This was fantastic! What a fun thrill ride! I have got to get these at my middle school too; they will LOVE them there.

The characters were filled with variety from her soon-to-be best gal pal, Dimity Plumleigh-Teignmott and her soon-to-be evil genius brother, Pillover, to the teachers at her new school: Mademoiselle Lefoux; Mademoiselle Geraldine; Professor Briathwoot; Soap; and SO many more! Each one has its own creative twist and story; I just loved the details.

The story itself was full of intrigue, comedy, and just plain adventurous girl power! Plus, it's so very appropriate for so many ages which is rather hard to find these days it seems like. Another piece that I absolutely loved was the Steampunk element! The gadgets! Oh the gadgets and the flying vehicles were oh so lovely! Are you kidding me!? A finishing school that is hidden in an enormous dirigible is just dang brilliant!

Final thought: I cannot wait to get to book 2!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I read this one a while ago and your review reminded my how much I loved it. I think I may need a re-read before I continue with the series.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete