Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Ruins by Dan Wells

Ruins 
Author: Dan Wells
Series: Partials Sequence, Book 3
Release date: March 11, 2014
Published by: Balzer + Bray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Each person in this epic battle to save humanity and Partial alike is raging until the very end to to save the world from certain extinction. Each side can both save AND completely destroy the other, but Kira now knows that together they could save everyone if they would all just work together. Except the endgame is fast approaching and Kira may only have but one chance to save their world. Will she be able to do it?

My thoughts: This was EPIC! What a fantastic finish to this series. I have really enjoyed this trilogy immensely. If you like NCIS, or Bones, or Rizzoli and Isles I really think it will appeal to you because of the medical and techie edge to it, but also because of the girl power throughout it as well.

This story starts out right where Fragments left off, which leaves Kira a guinea pig for Dr. Morgan, Samm running the Preserve while providing the cure to RM, and a nuclear weapon headed straight for the mainland of New York. If only those things were the main events...since there is also the fact that there is a strange giant creature-thing who is appearing to everyone telling them to prepare for Winter, a "Blood Man" on a killing spree, and in the mean time Samm and the Partials who awakened in the secret basement of the Preserve have discovered something AMAZING they HAVE to tell EVERYONE!

These were the first Dan Wells books I read and I have to say they were a home run for me! I recommend them to anyone who reads books like this.

Readalikes: Reboot, The 5th Wave, Wither, Mila 2.0, The Hunger Games, Clockwork Prince, Divergent, The Maze Runner, The Giver and many more.

Check out my reviews of:
Book 1: Partials
Book 2: Fragments


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment