Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #133 - Isla and the Happily Ever After & The Vampires of Manhattan

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Stephanie Perkins 
Release Date: August 14, 2014
Published by: Dutton

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren't always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Etienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new. (Summary from Goodreads)

I really enjoyed Perkins first novel in this set: Anna and the French Kiss. I've somehow missed the middle one! So I'll have to check that out too :) And now the third one sounds super sweet as well. I'm in.


Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Release Date: September 9, 2014
Published by: Hyperion Books

The memorable characters from her Blue Blood series are older and cooler than before, trying to build "Millenial" lives in the bustle of Manhattan while battling forces of evil and, of course, each other.

The hero of this sexy, paranormal action tale is Oliver Hazard-Perry, former human conduit, and Mahattan's only human-turned-vampire, now the head of the Blue Blood Coven. When his all-too-human lover is found murdered on the eve of the coven's annual Four Hundred Ball-a celebration meant to usher in a new era in vampire society, and to mark the re-unification of the Coven after decades of unrest and decay--Oliver is devastated.

Now, not only is he trying to create a new world order for the immortal elite, he's the prime suspect and is stalked by the newly installed head of the vampire secret police. Because according to the new rules, vampires who take human life can now be executed. Burned.

How can an immortal sentenced to die fight back? He has to find the killer-and the answers lie deep in vampire lore. (Summary from Goodreads)

I loved the Blue Blood series and I'm so happy that it's not over forever! I cannot wait to read this! YAY! I love Oliver! 

What are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome picks! I never read the Blue Bloods series but this new one sounds really interesting. I'll be on the lookout for that one in particular.

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Anna and the French Kiss for the first time now. I really like it! I'm hoping to be finished with Lola by the time Isla comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are popular today! Great choices

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, especially like Vampires in Manhattan :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the Blue Blood series yet although it's been on my radar for a long time. I do need to new vamp series to get into. Very excited for Isla. Anna was okay but I really loved Lola's book so I'm looking forward to what comes next. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't read Lola? I loved it, probably even more than I loved Anna. I'm really looking forward to Isla.

    I never finished the Blue Bloods books, I think I read the first two, but I really liked them. This new series sounds really good.

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so close to getting Isla!! Yeah! And Vampires of Manhattan, I can't wait for it :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely looking forward to both of these as well! Great choices, girlies!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. <3

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete