Sunday, October 5, 2014

Review: The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling

The Diamond Thief 
Author: Sharon Gosling
Series: The Diamond Thief, Book 1
Release date: February 1, 2013
Published by: Curious Fox/Capstone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The beautiful Remy Brunel who flies high through the night of the circus by night, has a secret...she's also an extremely talented thief! And her next assignment is one of the most famous diamonds of all which just happens to be on display in her majesty's jewel display of all places. The problem? A young policeman who came up from the streets of London who just happens to be on the scene the night a world famous gem disappears in the blink of an eye becomes the accused. Will he be able to figure out the answer to this mysterious case before it's too late?

My thoughts: Adventure! History! Mystery! Steampunk! AHHHH!!! This was so much fun! I was intrigued by the circus girl and the policeman together, and was not disappointed. These two were fantastic throughout...

The character of Remy Brunel, who's our main character, was a great one that was immediately fantastic! The mystery of the circus, which then becomes so much more for them which they cannot not get away from. She's truly a fierce character when you get right down to it all. I like her oh so much! Then there's the equally fantastic character of Thaddeus Rec, our policeman from the gutter basically. He of course makes for a brilliant investigator and police officer, and when both Remy and Thaddeus get thrown together to figure out what went wrong...it is truly a prefect storm!

One thing I kept thinking about was "How in the world did Sharon Gosling keep all of these characters AND storylines straight? This is NUTS and AMAZING all at the same time!" It really was. It was one I grabbed on NetGalley on a whim and boy am I glad! I will certainly be grabbing it for my kiddos at the library!

Final thoughts: There's a second book!? YAY!!! Too cool! I'M IN!!!
Plus, check out these paperback covers. I am IN LOVE with these! What do you think? 


View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. I have had this one for a while but haven't read it. I totally need to read this soon! i love those paperback covers a LOT!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great series! I love historical fiction! And add some mystery and suspense? Yum. :) Love the streaks of color on the paperback covers. Great review!

    Cindy @ In This World of Books..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The paperback covers are perfection. I'm so darn tired of all the covers with girls in dresses lately. Ugh!

      Delete
  3. I also loved this book! I don't read a lot of steampunk so this was a nice adventure for me. I can't wait to read the next book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete